Tuesday 19 April 2016

The Plan to overcome my habit of "Compulsive Eating"

I absolutely adore what people call
"Junk Food" and can never give it up.
I just hope I can come up with a plan
where I don't have to give them up in
order to be healthy. 
 Right now, I'm sitting at my desk, right after lunch, munching on some coco puffs, pondering what the best solution is. There are a lot of solutions out there that deal with my present condition. The common denominator in all the solutions is of course will power and self discipline. Now, these are two more things I struggle with.

My height is 5ft 3" and my ideal body weight is around 56 kilos or 123 pounds. But, my current weight is 83 kilos or 182 lbs. Even though I don't believe body weight is a measure of good health, I can understand why being so grossly over the line is bad. Its because I am experiencing a lot of physical and psychological discomfort from being overweight. I am just not happy and I do believe we should all try to be happy. Now I don't care if I look like a Victoria's Secret model , they are beautiful in their own way, and I want to be beautiful and healthy in my own way. Whatever weight and whatever size that is.

With that in mind, I guess the way to go would be to stick to a simple eating schedule and a doable workout routine.

for now, this is the eating schedule I planned to stick to:
(all the meals are at a 2 hour gap)


1) Breakfast: 1 cup of cereal (usually Kellog's Chocos) with a cup of milk/ 2 slices of white or brown bread with a fried egg

2) Noon time snack:  tea or coffee with 3 biscuits / a bowl of ice cream/ 2 slices of fruit cake/ a bowl of whatever seasonal fruit is available

3) Lunch: 1 cup of rice with four small pieces of chicken, fried veggies, a small cup of yogurt.

4) If hungry at around 4 pm: have some Chocos without milk or a few spoons of condensed milk (am I the only one who loves to eat dry condensed milk straight from the packet?)

5)Evening snack:  something yummy if  I'm going out like a roll maybe or tea and biscuits like in the afternoon or a bowl of "Muri" or puffed rice and "Chanachur" or Bombay mix.

6)Dinner:2 chapatis with a bowl of chicken curry and fried veggies

7) A glass of milk to help me sleep better


I know it doesn't seem that healthy but my priority right now is to control the over eating and not eat clean. Once my eating is regulated I will start looking into a more nutritious diet.


1 thing I do right is staying hydrated. I drink a lot of water. That whole 8 glasses a day is a myth and you must drink water whenever you are thirsty.

I plan on training my body to eat correct amounts of food at correct times of the day using this plan as a guide. After two weeks I will write an update on the success and failure of the method.

No comments:

Post a Comment